A writer, an artist, a social and human rights activist and a citizen of the world. How did a 20-something year old medical student get all mish-mashed? I have no idea. Heck... if I knew, it wouldn’t be a question anymore! Call me the Jill of all trades but I’d much prefer to be known as a Renaissance Woman.
Art, biology, chemistry, history, languages, law, literature, political science, psychology, spirituality.. you name it and I’m interested in it (probably except for cats, hikes, math and physics). I wanted to be a lawyer, a clinical psychologist, a detective and environmentalist once upon a time.
I used to hate getting into politics- discussing them, etc but things changed as I started to witness stupidity and injustice. I’m not a major political-buff but I do enjoy being well-informed- especially when it regards the Middle-East. I spend my free time watching documentaries on Al Jazzy, BBC, CNN and what not. Don’t be fooled though- I enjoy Grey’s Anatomy, Desperate Housewives, Will & Grace and a few other serials too!
I do my best to focus on the positive things in life and am a firm believer in the power of the mind. Thoughts create reality. What you think is what you create. The outer world is merely a symbolic representation of that which is within. Living my life with gratitude is very important to me and I therefore start & end the day with meditation.
All my relationships are blissful and filled with love. Support, compassion, understanding and acceptance are some of the words that resonate with my relationships. I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends.
After I'm done with med school, I hope to do my residency in pediatrics. I love children and hope to build homes for them around the world. They won't be orphans anymore- they have God & me!
52 Things You Didn’t Know About Me:
1. I’m 1.85m tall without heels.
2. I don’t enjoy scrubbing into surgeries.
3. I’m vegetarian.
4. I’m so hyper, I could bring Jesus down.
5. I have a Bachelors in sweetness, a Masters in seduction and a PhD in sarcasm.
6. I can’t sleep unless I’m under a comforter- even in the summers.
7. I melt at any temperature above 24 deg C.
8. I don’t engage in pre-marital sex.
9. I love ginger candy.
10. I don’t believe in polygamy.
11. I eat orange peel and love it.
12. I prefer soy milk to plain milk. Flavored milk is ok and no, I’m not lactose intolerent.
13. I lived in Singapore for 13 years.
14. My right pinky got dislocated when I was 14 and I didn’t get it popped back.
15. I think effervescent multi-vitamins taste better when they’re eaten.
16. I had the biggest crush on Captain Planet once upon a time.
17. I share the same birthday with my mother- she got married two days before her 19th birthday and gave birth to me on her 20th birthday.
18. Acting & public speaking is in my blood- my mom had her own TV show when she was 17/18 & was a known debater. Daddy is a well-respected public speaker.
19. My mouth never takes a holiday.
20. I abso-freggin-lutely love children.
21. I cannot stand injustice of any form.
22. I’m highly-opinionated.
23. I love spicy food.
24. I love to eat green apples with salt.
25. I love ginger ale- its my favorite drink ever.
26. I’m not a breakfast person. I just can’t eat so early in the morning.
27. The arabic is speak is a mixture of the Lebanese & Kuwaiti dialects.
28. I’m highly intuitive.
29. I know what its like to live alone and I don’t quite enjoy it.
30. I think Dr. Phil needs to see himself.
31. I meditate.
32. I enjoy reading.
33. I love watching serials and documentaries alike. Romantic comedies, medical drama and reenactments, women’s issues and Middle-Eastern documentaries fuel me.
34. I shared lollipops with my brother Bruno, a german shepherd.
35. Bruno was put to sleep because he suffered from severe arthritis, a slip-disc and couldn’t walk.
36. I may come across as someone who’s really strong and determined and may intimidate people but I’m a softie at heart- really sensitive too.
37. I don’t enjoy hiking.
38. My tongue and brain are weirdly-connected. After tasting something, I work backwards & re-create its recipe.
39. I dislike cats despite the fact that a pregnant one came up to me and coaxed me into rubbing her belly for her while I was playing table-tennis.
40. I cannot study unless I use my own hand-written notes and unless my place is clean.
41. I started drinking coffee at 22 and a half years old and I really enjoy a cuppa in the morning.
42. I have zero interest in American politics and don’t follow it (no, never followed the elections either).
43. I have a little sister.
44. I’m pro-plastic surgery. (No, haven’t had any.)
45. I love french manicures.
46. My eye-makeup is always dramatic & I don’t like using various colors.
47. I love the smell of henna.
48. I think Ally Mcbeal would've had it better if she became a lesbian.
49. I love tea with Persian sugar (heat sugar + water + saffron and pour it into a big plate and break it into pieces when it has cooled down and solidified.)
50. I love singing and I've been told I sound like Elissa, LOL. There's a difference, obviously.
51. I overcome fear with the wish to really help people. I want to to places like Gaza and Iraq where they really need medical help.
52. I have a penchant for languages and speak Arabic, English, Hindi, Italian, Romanian and Tamil. I understand some Chinese, Malay, Spanish and French and but am less fluent (just like my Hindi & Tamil). I picked up most of the languages from watching loads of soaps and movies on TV :D